What is this event about?
The digital twin provides a faster and more flexible way to achieve a fully operating machine. Engineering departments today must develop smart products that integrate mechanical functions with electronics and controls.
Today’s technology allows engineers from across different disciplines to simultaneously partake in the engineering design and development of prototype and production equipment.This technology allows actual software and electrical equipment to drive virtual machines using a mechatronics approach.
This requires current engineering practices to evolve into a Digital Twin approach, allowing you to test a virtual machine before any product or part is produced or assembled. This helps to predict system performance early on the development process.
The workshop will demonstrate how quickly and easily we can build and benefit from a digital twin.
- Siemens Digital Industries Software: Digital Twin Introduction
10:00am – 10:30am
- Introduction to Virtual Commissioning
10:30am – 11:00am
- Which Digital Twin?
- Digital Twin for Kinematic Machines – Why?
- End to End Machine Engineering
- Creating the Digital Twin for Kinematic Machines – What do you use?
- From Simulation to Commissioning – The 3 stage gate approach
11:00am – 12:00pm
- Technical Demonstration
- Basic Geometry – How to apply physics?
- Kinematic Machine Digital Twin Example
- Software in the Loop
- Hardware in the Loop
- Digital Experience Centre Tour
- Industry 4.0 with Factory Automation
- Digital Twin – Pick & Place Machine
- Internet of Things – Mindsphere
- Augmented reality – Pick & Place Machine
Register for the FREE Workshop day using the form below.